Press Release on 27th Sept. 2016
Swachh Bharat Week
Ward Level Meetings/Drive against Polythene Carry bags
On the eve of 2nd anniversary of the launch of Swachh Bharat Mission and to commemorate the Swachh Bharat Week which is being celebrated from 25th September to 2nd October 2016 Jammu Municipal Corporation organized Drive against use of Polythene Carry bags. Dr. Manmohan Singh, KAS, Commissioner Jammu Municipal Corporation flagged off the drive against polythene carry bags from the JMC premise at Town Hall, Jammu. Sh. R.S. Jamwal (KAS), Joint Commissioner (Adm), Sh. Neeraj Gupta (KAS), Chief Accounts Officer, Sh. Ranjit Singh (KAS), Secretary, Sh. Kushal Chand, Joint Commissioner (Works), Dr. Anita Salgotra, Health Officer and officers of Sanitation and Enforcement Wings of JMC were also present during the flag of function.
The teams of Health & Sanitation Wing and Enforcement Wing of Jammu Municipal Corporation were deputed to launch drive against use of polythene carry bags. Almost whole of the area within the limits of Jammu Municipal Corporation was covered during this drive. More than one quintal of Polythene carry bags and fine amounting to Rs. 83900/- was recovered by the teams of Health & Sanitation wing and Enforcement wing of JMC.
Continuing the ward level meetings which were started on 26/09/2016 in the areas of Ward No. 3, Peerkho, Ward No. 22, Shastri Nagar Jammu, Ward Level Meetings were organised in Ward No. 30 & Ward No. 31 Rama Lane, Nitco Lane, Ward no. 62 Roop Nagar Jammu in which Mohalla Welfare Committees of these area participated. These Committees were requested to cooperate with Jammu Municipal Corporation to make the Swachh Bharat Mission successful and help JMC in making Jammu Clean & Green.
Besides this, the ward level committees were also requested to spread the message of Jammu Municipal Corporation in the general public to: -
1. Approach Jammu Municipal Corporation for Construction of Individual Household Toilets IHHL.
2. Use dustbins at their individual houses and shops for collection of garbage and put the garbage of the dustbins at the collection points/bins of JMC.
3. Place dustbins in their shops and put all the garbage in the dustbins and dispose it at nearby garbage collection points.
4. Remove concrete slabs over the drains and fix iron gratings so that the blockages from the drains are cleared on regular basis.
5. Avoid open defecation.
6. Use Public & Community Toilets.
7. Avoid use of polythene carry bags.
Commissioner, Jammu Municipal Corporation appeals the citizens of Jammu to join hands with Jammu Municipal Corporation to make the City of Temples, Clean and Green and participate in large extent to make Swachh Bharat Week a grand success. The Jammu Municipal Corporation is always ready to redress the problems of people of Jammu City to at their door step.