Functions of Revenue Section includes :
- Implementation of advertisement policy of JMC.
- NOC’s for all commercial Institutions.
- Trade Tax collection.
- License to Telecom Operators.
- Permission for all events.
- Management of all JMC Assets and collection of rent.
- Management of community halls of JMC.
- Management of Rotaries.
- Enforcement – Hoardings, Rehri’s.
- Swachh Bharat campaign.
- Crackers permission.
- Parking slots outsourcing.
Achievements of Revenue Section
- Rs. 2.94 Cr. collected as revenue.
- Mobile towers are allowed to be installed in designated places and that led to substantial improvement in
telecom connectivity. 65 numbers of mobile towers have been raised
- For hotels and hospitals we have made compulsory to have a separate waste management plan. No NOC is processed
without ensuring proper mechanism for that. Here it’s important to mention that no govt
hospitals/institutions have any bio-medical waste management system. All this waste is being dumped in open
with other waste of the area, in gross violation of the bio-medical waste management rules. Matter has been
brought to the notice of health Deptt. to take immediate action. Issue is serious and needs to be resolved soon.
- EOI floated for initiating survey of all commercial establishments of Jammu, so that exercise of collection of taxes from them may be initiated in a professional way.
- All rotaries and municipal parks being outsourced for maintenance to different business groups. This will save huge
money of the Govt., spent in maintenance of these rotaries. So far,
we have outsourced 22 rotaries and proposal of 24 parks is under process.
- Outdoor Advertisement Policy for comments & objections has recently been uploaded on the website
- Two compost machines has been procured for installation at Parade collection point & Sabzi Mandi